The Oxford Global Anaesthesia Group is an informal group of anaesthetists at all stages of their careers, who are linked to the Oxford University Hospitals. We are variously engaged in research, training and clinical work in support of safe anaesthesia and critical care worldwide, with particular focus on low-resource settings. If you'd like to join us, or otherwise connect with the group, please get in touch here.
We are affiliated with the Oxford Global Surgery Group, a collaborative unit with clinicians from surgical, obstetric and anaesthetic departments. More information about the OGSG is available here.
Particular interests of group members include:
- The use of mobile devices in scaling access to training for health professionals in remote areas
- Task-sharing and task-shifting: how interprofessional networks function
- Training of non-physician anaesthetists in sub-Saharan Africa
- The anaesthetic workload and workforce in humanitarian settings
- Equipping the high-resource trained anaesthetist to collaborate effectively in low-resource environments