Choosing a project
What topics should the QIPs focus on?
At the heart of all these projects should lie an aspiration to change a process or resolve a problem in a clinical area which will be of benefit to patients. You will be given specific direction on the current priorities at your QiP induction talk. The key areas of concern listed below:
The above listed topics are deliberately broad-based and you may have other ideas for projects but these subjects are pertinent issues within the Trust.
OUH Quality Priorities
In addition, the OUH defines their own quality priorities:
- Reducing Never Events - particularly around safe surgery and procedures
- Launching the new version of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS2)
- Patient Safety Response Teams
- Reducing stillbirth
- Sepsis care – antibiotics within one hour
- Reducing the number of 'stranded' patients
- Digital - rollout of the SurgiNet module in Cerner Millennium
- Patient Portal to support better interaction with hospital services
- Care of patients with mental health issues
- Home Assessment Reablement Team (HART) services